Royal Thai Consulate
Priory Court, Saxon Way, Priory Park West
Hessle, Kingston upon Hull, East Yorkshire
HU13 9PB, UK

+44 (0) 1482 581668
Fax +44 (0) 1482 628877

Non-Immigrant Category "B" Visa with Single Entry for Teaching

The non-immigrant category B visa is available for persons who are travelling to Thailand for the purpose of taking up employment in any capacity with a school, college or university based in Thailand.


Please check your nationality here for eligibility to apply for a visa at the Royal Thai Consul in Hull as some nationalities may only apply direct to the Royal Thai Embassy, London.
Please call us on +44 (0)1482 581668 if in doubt

The information below is provided on the basis that the applicant will be applying for their visa in person at the Royal Thai Consulate Hull. Persons intending to apply elsewhere for their visa need to check with the relevant authority.
The issuing of all Non-Immigrant Visas must be authorised by the Royal Thai Embassy, London prior to being issued and this process can take up to one week. When we receive authority to issue we will invite you to visit us and the visa will be issued usually within one hour.

The information on this page is available as a PDF document Download

The single entry visa is valid for three months from date of issue and allows a single stay in Thailand of up to 90 days.

So that we can obtain authorisation from the London Embassy to issue this visa it is necessary for the applicant to submit to us all documents relative to this visa therefore we request you to email scanned copies of the following to

  1. Copy of the page of your passport with photo and details (passport must have minimum 6 months remaining validity at time of applying for the visa).
  2. Completed Visa Application Form with two recent passport size photographs attached.
  3. Letter from school/college/university in Thailand addressed to Royal Thai Consulate at Hull and signed by the Principal confirming acceptance of the applicant as a teacher or other worker.
  4. Copy of Contract of Employment between the school/college/university and the applicant which must be signed by both parties.
  5. Copy of school licence/registration documents. The school must be authorised by the Thai Ministry of Education.
  6. Copy of applicant’s University Batchelor’s/Master’s degree certificate or equivalent (if a teacher).
  7. Copy of either:
    ACRO Police Certificate
    Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Certificate
    which must show that the applicant has:
    Certificate must be no more than 6 months old

Please note that only a single entry visa can be granted which will allow a stay of 90 days. During this time the school will assist you to obtain a Work Permit.

As soon as we receive authority from the London Embassy we will invite you to visit us so that we can issue the visa and you will need to bring with you the following:-

  1. Your passport (minimum 6 months remaining validity and with at least two blank pages for the visa and for entry/exit stamps).
  2. Two recent passport size photographs as available from a photo booth.
  3. Original completed Visa Application Form.
  4. Visa fee of £50 (single entry) plus £10 processing charge = £60 in cash only.
  5. All the documents as listed above (1 – 7).

To find the Royal Thai Consulate, Hull:

Royal Thai Consulate
Priory Court
Saxon Way
Priory Park West
Kingston upon Hull
East Yorkshire
HU13 9PB

01482 581668

We are at the western outskirts of Hull, not far from the Humber Bridge.